A highly-scalable ledger-based platform that greatly expands the functionality and robustness of blockchains and any other code.
The Essence® Platform Democratizes Computing with Aptivs
Start of the decentralization movement
Broadens applicability of Blockchains
The Essence Platform creates a new smart app called an “Aptiv”
- Loads Essence worlds from Possibility Boxes
- Quickly loads core Essence Powers (fixed Essence code) at startup
- Accesses and processes platform-specific Powers on demand
- Matches Essence Meaning Coordinates to inputs (expressed wants) for producing self-optimizing machine-instructions in real-time
- Sandboxed-blackbox platform-specific code (e.g., AI algorithms, drivers, APIs, emulators, browser engines, codecs, databases, etc.)
- Are hot-swapped in/out of memory on demand
- Are wrapped in Meaning Coordinates that instructs the Agent about Powers and their authorized behaviors
- Are combined with realtime-generated machine instructions
- Powers are the Action type (data that transforms other data) possibility box
- Built with Meaning Coordinates that describe allowed behaviors
- Contains references to Powers (fixed code)
- The Agent uses the Meaning Coordinates contained within all mPowers to produce realtime-generated machine instructions
- mPowers are the Action type possibility box containing data that transforms other data
- A way to address and access/reference data
- A means to find data (its fork/version)
- Uses the Nebulo system to operate on data
- Data is stored in 8 possibility boxes (Think, Record, Signal, Ability, Chronicle, Spacetime, Belief, Idea)
- Rules for how collections behave (e.g., FILO stack, FIFO queue, arbitrary set/bag, sorted by number/lexical/spatial/etc.)
Software and Wantware Comparison
Aptivs are not Apps
It is important for those seeking to understand the fundamental differences between software applications and wantware Aptivs to emphasize that machine instructions for all Aptivs are mostly generated in real-time. The comparison below shows a fundamental difference between software apps and wantware Aptivs is the reduced role that programming languages play in the wantware process.
The wantware process is a way to bypass programming languages, going straight from validated intent (by mapping to meaning coordinates) to machine instructions (e.g. binaries and assembler), in real-time.
Unlike media, we can store machine behaviors on a ledger so that originator/ownership rights can be reflected and enforced. Access-rights can be described by the owner for reading, changing, cloning, erasing, and even “knowing the name” of any content, whether inert data or dynamic behaviors.
A Unified Common Core
Since all Aptivs derive abilities from Agents either producing regenerative machine instructions or acting on Powers (fixed code) and mPowers (meaning coordinates). Aptivs are all unified via a common Agent present in every Aptiv. Agents are only different on a platform basis (e.g., different operating systems have their platform-specific Agent).
In other words, all Aptivs are branded products that are not separate entities to the Agent. The same Aptiv that is downloaded to provide access to the product called Jewel (a powerful new web browser), can be instructed to present itself as any other Aptiv. All it needs is the Powers, mPowers, and wantverses required to do so. In some cases, no additional code is required (e.g., the user previously downloaded the required Powers).
That is not what software applications are. They are mostly fixed code made from programming languages and are separate applications. Aptivs do much more than pass data between each other via APIs. Aptivs are fully integrated in the literal sense of the word, while retaining required authorizations, ownership, and controls. There are numerous benefits to developers and users alike.
A Powerful New Class of Computing Solutions
The ability of the Essence Agent to automatically tune, sync, and scale resources delivers a powerful new class of computing solutions. This marks a period of increased efficiency in computing that we expect will set a new baseline for what is expected from developers of computing solutions.
Jewel is a revolutionary new way to experience the web. We will use it as an example Aptiv.
The Essence Agent Powers, the platform-specific Powers, Essence Meaning Coordinates (contained within mPowers), and required wantverses (data used to create Essence worlds) used by Jewel are described below.
Natural Language Processing | Natural Language Dialog
Synergy takes sloppy English or other natural or even made up languages and maps it to “meaning units” that an Essence computer can represent and express as data and machine instructions (binaries, not programming languages). Thus, it converts “your unique wants into what your hardware (phone, tablet, PC, smart watch, etc.) can do. The user interface, math functions, data models, algorithms, etc. are accessed via the appropriate possibility boxes and regenerative machine instructions made in real-time and then deleted, like SnapChat messages. An example of interacting with Jewel, the corresponding Meaning Coordinates (contained within mPowers) and the corresponding meanings is below.
Wantverses are containers that have many possibility boxes inside of them. The Essence Agents’ role at startup is to load 4 Wantverses—the Origin, Host, User-Style & User-History to create a customizable Essence world.
- Origin – Origin is the starting wantverse filled with foundational ideas and abilities for all platforms. It includes all the foundation Ideas, Records, Actions, and SpaceTimes for interfacing between human and machine.
- Host – a specific wantverse with as many device specific capabilities exposed as possible.
- User-Style – an individual users’ wantverse of the style/design/terms/etc. and personal wants on particular machine, not everywhere
- User-History – a wantverse storing the users’ past events.
Jewel Browser Specific Wantverses
About Possibility Boxes
The Nebulo approach to data management provides an opportunity to move away from the legacy approach of files and databases with their fixed and limited formats for locating and referencing information. Moving data between systems is often possible. However, this is typically with varying degrees of compromise. This happens because there is generally no easy way to take both data and code behaviors that exist in one system to another. Nebulo changes that by enabling both data and code behaviors to become like Lego Bricks.
Data storage and access are separate from the data structure of the ‘Thing’ (uniquely named entities/objects) itself for a variety of reasons. We have 8 types of ‘possibility boxes’ (described below) based on how we can scale data (lossy-signal, exact-record, rolling-queue history, belief-certainty thoughts, etc.).
Granular security/access issues are handled by each ‘Essence Possibility Box’ so whether you can edit or read-only or just name-only or ‘nothing/no-awareness’ is determined from within each Box…not a central (potentially hackable) system.
Essence enables technology, such as the many products in our own roadmap, to be developed rapidly and to require far less maintenance than is required by the current software development process. The functionality needed to create those and an endless number of products already exists within the abilities of the Essence Agent. It totally makes sense once it is understood that wantware is fundamentally about intent translated and transformed into machine instructions, in real-time. The products in development below are just the tip of an enormous iceberg. There’s much more underneath the surface.
Get ready to create at the speed of thought.
Products in Development