illumin8 is not currently sandboxed to the Apple spec, so some additional steps are required to run the product for the first time. Future releases will have this requirement patched out as we prepare illumin8 for storefronts like the App Store.
- Upon downloading illumin8, double click the .tgz archive to extract the illumin8.app build.
- When first running illumin8, you will be presented with a message saying that the app is from an unidentified developer, this is due to tightening sandbox restrictions on the macOS platform during recent updates. Click “Ok”, and open System Preferences for your computer.
- Navigate to Security and Privacy and in the General tab there will be a message at the bottom stating “illumin8 was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer.”. Please select “Open Anyway”. This will whitelist illumin8, allowing the copy you downloaded and future updated versions to run on your machine from now on.
- When illumin8 opens you will be greeted with a message asking if you want to open it, select the “Open” option. On the first run, the app will also ask for permission to use the mic and webcam, granting these permissions allows the app to transform your live webcam feed(s) on the fly. If no camera/mic is detected these pop-ups will not appear until the build is launched with said devices connected.
- After addressing the dialog boxes you will be greeted with the illumin8 home screen. Congratulations, you are ready to play with this initial version of MindAptiv’s first product!